• Standard rate of excise duty on all non-petroleum products to be maintained at 10%.
• Minimum Alternate Tax (MAT) rate to be increased from 18% to 18.5%.
• Rate of service tax retained at 10%, but coverage extended.
• Disinvestment receipts for 2011-12 estimated at Rs 40,000 cr.
• Government to move towards direct transfer of cash subsidy for kerosene and fertilizers.
• Foreign investors who meet Know Your Customers (KYC) norms to be allowed to invest in
Indian equity mutual funds.
• FII limit for investment in corporate bond with residual maturity of over five years issued by
companies in infrastructure sector, is raised by US$ 20 billion to US$ 25 billion
• Rs 6,000 cr allotted to public sector banks to maintain a Tier 1 CRAR of 8% during 2011-12
• Direct Tax Code to be implemented by April 1, 2012
• Allocation to infrastructure at Rs. 2,14,000 cr for 2011-12, 23.2% higher over previous year